how to store iphotos on

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My First Post.

I am new to macs and purchased an imac about 6 months ago and have just used it for surfing the web.

I have put my family album onto this in iphoto what external cd/dvd/drive should i store this on for safety and i also want to be able to transfer on my laptop which is on windows 7.

What are the advantages and disadvantges of the options available.

Thanks for all your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
Do you mean what type of external hard drive(not cd/dvd drive) should you store your photos on for safe keeping??

Also, do you mean you want to have those same photos on your windows 7 laptop as well as your iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
You can "share" files between your laptop and mac. You need to set it up though, here is how you can do that:Mac 101: File sharing
Its actually really easy to do. Just go to system preferences<internet and network<sharing and then follow the instructions to setup file sharing from your PC and mac.
Good Luck! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
OP
G
Reaction score
In terms of an external hard drive, I prefer Iomega because of their reliability. Here is a link to a 1TB drive for 80 bucks, it's pretty good deal: Iomega 34836 eGo Desktop External Hard Drive - 1TB, USB 2.0 at TigerDirect.com

Not only could you store your photos on here, but you could use this as a Time Machine backup as well for your mac.

I guess external hard drive is the best option, i just wondered if i could access it from my mac and also my windows 7, thanks for your help i will see if the external hard drive is avalable in the UK sounds like good value for money.

OP
G
Reaction score
You can "share" files between your laptop and mac. You need to set it up though, here is how you can do that:Mac 101: File sharing
Its actually really easy to do. Just go to system preferences<internet and network<sharing and then follow the instructions to setup file sharing from your PC and mac.
Good Luck! :)

Thanks, this machine just has so many capabilities that i just have not got time to find out about, i am going to try that out later today if i get a chance i will let you know how i get on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.