DSL modem/router combo recommendations

Reaction score
Hello all, most likely an easy question. I am unhappy with my current isp and am going to switch back to dsl. I was wondering if anyone had any sort of recommendation for a dsl modem/router combo. I have a new mac (4 months old) but also have an older g4 power pc, as well as some other older equipment so it doesn't look as though I can use Airport Extreme. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Buy a wireless router if you don't already own one. Your modem plugs into the WAN port on the router, the Power Mac plugs via ethernet into one of the LAN ports. Your internet service provider should be able to help you with the setup.
Just saying I am taking this from another post I saw on another mac forum.
Good Luck!

OP
K
Reaction score
Buy a wireless router if you don't already own one. Your modem plugs into the WAN port on the router, the Power Mac plugs via ethernet into one of the LAN ports. Your internet service provider should be able to help you with the setup.
Just saying I am taking this from another post I saw on another mac forum.
Good Luck!

Thanks, I was thinking of upgrading as the dsl modem i have is several years old. and the router is also a few years old (wireless b). i have been looking around online and thought perhaps a combo modem/wireless-n would do the trick now and for the next few years as well. I thought perhaps I would directly connect the g4 via ethernet and wireless for the rest. I also understand some of the better combo units have firewall, etc.

Reaction score
Get an Action Tec wireless dsl moden with a build in router that way you don't need a seperate router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Can't tell you what to get but suggest giving Netgear a miss. Most models do not even have Mac setup instructions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.