Restore Mode

Reaction score
I couldn't find this specifically anywhere so I figured I would give it a shot. I just sold my old 3g, it was working great, good battery life, and running quick. The kid that bought it emailed me a couple days later and told me that give or take every 4 hours it shuts down and then goes into restore mode. The only time I have come across this is when the phone has been poorly jailbroken (which he says it hasn't). Since I'm not sure what could cause this I'll just include everything. When we sold it it had the most current iPhone software loaded 4.2.?, we had it synced with a mac and he is using a pc, we pulled the sim card and he replaced it with a sim card he already had. I have asked him on multiple occasions what software version he is running, what version of itunes, age of sim card, etc. just to get all the info but he hasn't answered any of those just said it's not working. Any ideas on what could cause this?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Quite simply, you can't offer any help without the answers to the questions you've already asked. If he won't answer, there's not much you can do, except ignore his responses the way he does yours.

I'd tell him it worked fine when I had it, if he wants any troubleshooting assistance he has to answer your questions.

OP
M
Reaction score
I just heard back and he is running the most current version of itunes (pc) and the most current software on the iphone. He is using a non-3g sim card if that makes a difference. Anybody have any ideas with this information that might cause the above mentioned problem? If not any questions I can ask that might help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.