Cant Install Adobe Flash Player

Reaction score
Iv downloaded the file from their website and the picture came up on the desktop. When I opened the folder there was only 1 file inside, sayin flash installer. I installed it and it seemed to work fine but no file appeared after to drag into the apps folder. The only file is the install one?

Sorry if this is a simple problem, Im new to Mac's!

Can anyone help? :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You installed it - it is a self installer - there is nothing to drag anywhere.

You can go here to see which version you have installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
Post back here if you have any further questions with it!

Reaction score
same happened with me, day old mac mini and it seems to have installed but when i go on youtube it still tells me i need to install flash player, i made sure it was right version
tried uninstalling and re installing to no avail

i havent tried using a different browser than safari.
i once had similar problem on my pc but only with firefox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac OX 10.6.6 3.06 GHz i3/4GB ram 500GB HD, 3rd gen iTouch
I also had that problem, uninstalled and reinstalled, but youtube still said I needed to install. I could even find the file on my HD in the exact same place it is on our other mac (where it worked fine). It was a simple fix for me...I just restarted the computer. Wish I had tried that 30 minutes prior to that. Then everything worked fine!

Reaction score
Problem w/ YouTube

Replaced my parents 6 year old Dell w/ a refurb iMac last night. The old Dell would never play youtube vids, always saying I needed a flash player. Tried and tried to get it to work, never could. Would always download flash player and install, apparently smoothly, but never could get it to work.
Last night, set up new iMAC w/ SAME PROBLEM. Can't play youtube vids, asking for flash player. Downloaded, apparently installed smoothly, yet still no vids. The only common link to the two computers is WILDBLUE satellite internet. Both computers were cable connected, not wireless. Any ideas at all? Starting to think it has to be a wildblue modem issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi anthemeral & tricitiesgtr,

Go to this link
Adobe - Flash Player
and in the box it will tell you which version of flash you are running, as screen shot.

You will not see anything in your Apps folder, it is in Apps > utilities flash uninstaller / manager.

I belive the latest version is 10.2.152.22 although I am running V 10,1,102,64 and youtube is fine and have had no warning messages.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.