• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Soldier Spends Own Money to Develop Military iPhone App

Reaction score
I see a flaw (though it may not be one as far as I can tell)…what if the enemy has an iPhone and gets this app?

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I'm sure the App will have encryption for this very purpose. And secondly it could be designed with a certain transmission frequency so only US based hardware could take advantage of it. Sure others could hack it. But if they're smart they'd make it just hard enough to hack, so by the time they do hack it, version 2 of the software would be out. And so on and so on so they are always one step behind.

I am very sure they have thought about the possibility of unwanted people getting a hold of the App. And have safeguards against that.

Another idea is maybe they want the other side to get the App. So if it's used by them we can track the use and know their moves.

I am all for apps going on the App store. But this is one time I think am App should be distributed via the armed forces and no one else. That won't stop it getting to the other side. But it'll just make it take longer to get to the other side. Which is always a good thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini, 24" Cinema Display
Now they need a ruggedized Iphone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.