imac power pc g4

Reaction score
hi all im still new to mac sorry if this is in the wrong place i got my imac power pc g4 3.3 1ghz from ebay today i put the but when i put the airport extreme in i get this messege You need to restart your computer.Hold down the Power button etc etc as soon as i remove it it boots fine do i have the wrong card thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
hi all im still new to mac sorry if this is in the wrong place i got my imac power pc g4 3.3 1ghz from ebay today i put the but when i put the airport extreme in i get this messege You need to restart your computer.Hold down the Power button etc etc as soon as i remove it it boots fine do i have the wrong card thanks

Maybe you could restate the situation with a little more detail...as well as use some punctuation in your post (such as periods)...so that your message is a little easier to read & understand.

Thanks,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac Retina - 3.2 i5 - 8GB - 256GB SSD - R9 M380 GPU
If I am correct, you are saying that when you install your AirPort Extreme card into your iMac, you get a kernel panic, correct?

Does it panic upon startup or after you boot into OS X?

It seems that the card is most likely defective. Try a different card and see if it works properly, if not, it may be a logic board problem.

OP
S
Reaction score
If I am correct, you are saying that when you install your AirPort Extreme card into your iMac, you get a kernel panic, correct?

Does it panic upon startup or after you boot into OS X?

It seems that the card is most likely defective. Try a different card and see if it works properly, if not, it may be a logic board problem.

upon start up

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.