looking for a B/W MFC for small office

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac; Intel Core i7 Processor
Brand new owner of an iMac 27". I am self-employed, small office owner -- have been using a Brother MFC 9700 for 6 years, but the Mac is not happy with it. Turns out in addition to needing to unplug and replug the USB cable into the Mac in order to get it to print (Apple has already replaced the logic board, thinking the problem was in the ports) I've now discovered that scanning will not work. No proper drivers. So I need to buy a new MFC. I want laser, B/W, not color, printer, copier, scanner, fax. Recommendations, please. Thanks!:D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Generally, I recommend using a printer which has good support for the Mac operating system. (OS X) Start with that.

I have a Canon multi-purpose and an HP Laser which I use for our office and home. Both have drivers for OS X, (Leopard and Snow Leopard) and work well. The Canon is wireless, a bit of a pain to setup but otherwise is fine.

Many folks here also use Brother which generally has drivers for OS X. I would check on Amazon, Tiger Direct, NewEgg, and other reputable on line resellers to see what they have to offer. You might also keep in mind how much the consumables are going to cost over the long haul.

Reaction score
I would go with a hp product. I have great result with all hp printing products I own. I have a laser color printer, a laser color mfc and a 36" designjet printer for my construction business. All have worked great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.