First few days with a Mac - Results

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipad 3g 64gb, Iphone 4, MBP 15 i7, Hi-Res A/Glare, 512mb Grafix, 500Gb 7200rpm Drive, 8Gb Ram
After buying hundreds of pc`s over the years (work etc) I purchased my first Mac this week.
My concern was the ability to use windows apps on the Mac etc but after installing Parallels and then Windows XP I seriously cant believe how fast they are, I cant think of a better laptop than this, everything works perfectly and with ease, not only that, so much faster.

Not having to worry about drivers being installed correctly etc help as well, I wish i`d done it years ago !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to the Mac World, i'm sure you will enjoy it as much as most of us here do. I was exactly the same as you, gotten through a lot of PCs and finally got an opportunity to get a MBP. I have the same setup too. Parallels running Windows although it's Windows 7, which runs unbelievably quickly. I also have Ubuntu Linux on Parallels, I can run both OS's on top of OSX and have absolutely no problems, and this is a Late-2008 machine.
Glad you're on the light side now :p :D

- Simon

Reaction score
mac > pc

I haven't had a need to venture into the pc world since I got my mac. I thought that I might need to so that I could use my property management system (SCO based) but I found the Macwise emulator and...well boot camp or parallels is just not needed. Good riddance pc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.