Safari Display Problem

C

Cool_Br33ze

hey all,

I have encountered a display problem on safari (my favorite browser...)
I didn't change anything in settings and so, only turned my iMac and then all the displays looks like that:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I even tried to remove and reinstall safari, but with no help...
If any of you know what I can do, or encountered this problem before and have an idea of solving it - I would much appreciate your help.

Thanking you in advance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac & 16" MacBook Pro (Intel)
I'd be inclined to try resetting Safari, since a lot of stuff can get cached that won't get deleted just by removing and reinstalling the app. You could also try creating a new user account and see if Safari works differently when you login as that new user. If so, then it's almost certainly something with your user account. If not, then it's more likely a system-wide issue. I have seen similar issues intermittently in the past, but reloading the page and/or quitting and restarting Safari has fixed it.

Good luck!

OP
C

Cool_Br33ze

Thanks for your reply...
I have tried to reset safari- it didn't work..
But I did open a new account, and there safari really works fine with no problems at all...
So, probably, like you have said, something it wrong with my current account- the question is what can I do from here? do you have any suggestions? What exactly can be wrong specifically in the current account?

Again, thanks in advance..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I wouldn't worry about this problem too much, the exact same thing happened to me (i'm using Google Chrome), but only the text appeared. No images what-so-ever.
Have you tried restarting your iMac by the way?
That's what solved it for me.

- Simon

OP
C

Cool_Br33ze

Yes, I have tried...
I am having this problem for the last week or so...

OP
C

Cool_Br33ze

Anything?
Is it possible to safely fully "copy" admin account to another admin account- so it will work there?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Bumping is against forum rules. If you have new info to add, that's another matter.

I'll try to help by asking you a question. Do you want this second admin account to be on the same volume as the first?

OP
C

Cool_Br33ze

I am sorry for bumping...
I wish, if it is possible to copy the whole OS from my current admin account to the another admin account (on the same HD, if thats what you have asked) and be able to remove the "old" (current) account in order to bypass this problem, although I dunno if it is possible...
TatooedMac, if I understood correctly using the Shared folder you can copy some files but not the whole admin account...
I also have time machine Backups, maybe I can use them to "Copy" the admin account into a new one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ok, we need to work on your terminology. You don't copy the OS from one account to another. The account is like a "subset" of the OS, not the other way around. It sounds like you just want a new Admin account, but you want all the "stuff" from the current one, and then you want to trash it. That's certainly doable, though I've never done it myself. There are some pretty good tips right on your computer. Open Mac Help and read the Accounts article.

OP
C

Cool_Br33ze

Thats Exactly what I have ment...
I read the Mac help- but the guides there are for simple open, delete, manage accounts...
Its not like I really want to do it - it is just that I can not find any other solutions for making safari work again...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.