Looking to switch to OSX from Windows for video editing

Reaction score
Currently running Vista 64 and will upgrade to Win 7 soon but plan to go to OSX and a Mac Pro workstation in the future still using Adobe Premiere Pro. Having encountered all kinds of stability issues with Vista I want to dump the Windows platform altogether. I don't want to risk another bad release from Microsoft.

Anyone make a similiar jump with from Windows to OSX with Adobe?

Any issues? Seems like OSX is a very stable platform.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I have cs4 on Windows 7 and it works fine. I've been doing avchd and mov hd editing with it.

I did go to Mac and I have cs5 on that platform. I really didn't run into any stability issues with either platform to tell you the truth. I ended up with the Mac because all that was out was Vista (windows 7 hadn't released) and I needed an upgrade.

Your problem may be Vista - I loaded that on for a day - then wiped it - and waited for windows 7.

Anyway - now that I have a Mac I highly recommend it - especially for Adobe. That being said, I would be remiss to just suggest it off hand if you've never tried windows 7. You can get an OEM version for cheaper than a full box version
Directron.com Search Engine
Newegg.com - windows 7
It is worth a go vs buying a whole new computer/OS.

Unless you need bitlocker encryption you can go with Win7 Professional.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Just for argument's sake, I'm using a fairly high-end PC with Windows 7, and to be 100% honest, I have never run into any stability issues on & whilst using any trial-version of the CS5 collection.

Vista on my old Dell was complete garbage, 7 is the way to be if you end up sticking to Windows. I'd recommend a fresh install instead of an upgrade.

I've never owned a Mac new enough to run CS5, so I can't say much about that, other than I'd love to have a 13" MBP, if it had better specs.

I'm also doing audio and design work, which isn't video (yet at least), and it can get quite intensive on any system.

Just food for thought!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.