Mac Mini monitor

L

lewis_d

Can you use a mac mini with a regular VGA monitor. My Uncle has a Dell monitor laying around and If I get a mac mini can I use it w/ my mini instead of buying a 14 hudred monitor!!!!!! I don' kneed a special cinema HD monitor or a Flat pannel monitor from WalMart or some thing else? Would I kneed any thing special?? Like an adapter????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
The mac mini comes with a DVI-VGA adaptor. It will work right out of the box :p

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

I use my old dell monitor with my mini. the only problem is people who dont know that the small box sitting on the desk is a computer always ask how i am using apples OS and where is the dell computer. of course i kindly point to the mini and they always freak out saying "thats a computer wow"

OP
L

lewis_d

Biturbo V12 AMG said:
I use my old dell monitor with my mini. the only problem is people who dont know that the small box sitting on the desk is a computer always ask how i am using apples OS and where is the dell computer. of course i kindly point to the mini and they always freak out saying "thats a computer wow"

LOL!!!! Thats what I want to do!!! Does the mini have Tiger (10.4) on it from apple? Is any body interested in a G3 64mb Orange Clamshell iBook? It has 10.1 and 9.2.1 & will sell w/ airport!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All minis shipping now have 10.4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dashboard-a cool feature that has endless choices. It is made up of simple programs. There are calculators, weather forcasters, games, translaters-the list goes on and on. Anyway, they are called widgits. You can download over 500 of them on the apple site.

Spotlight- Used for ultra-fast searching through your files. Searches your hard drive inside and out.

Here is a cool list of others you may want to look at:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/newfeatures/over200.html

Cheers!

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

really the best thing about tiger is spotlight. widgets get old after a while and will lag the poor mini down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel
I have a Mini and hooked up my cheap-O PC monitor. It worked great and everything looked nice. I thought I would upgrade and picked up a used Apple Studio Display ADC CRT from ebay. Great monitor but the Apple site said I needed the DVI/ADC adapter. Expensive adapter but I got it any way. Well...the monitor didn't work. It wasn't getting enough juice. I took the adapter the local Apple store and their tech confirmed that the Mini doesn't crank out enough juice to run the Display. The Apple support site was wrong. Time for a refund! :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
lewis_d said:
LOL!!!! Thats what I want to do!!! Does the mini have Tiger (10.4) on it from apple? Is any body interested in a G3 64mb Orange Clamshell iBook? It has 10.1 and 9.2.1 & will sell w/ airport!!!!

What's the iBook processor speed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
lewis_d said:
Can you use a mac mini with a regular VGA monitor. My Uncle has a Dell monitor laying around and If I get a mac mini can I use it w/ my mini instead of buying a 14 hudred monitor!!!!!! I don' kneed a special cinema HD monitor or a Flat pannel monitor from WalMart or some thing else? Would I kneed any thing special?? Like an adapter????

The monitors on the apple site are geared torwds people who own a powerbook or powermac, they are not for the people who are buying a mini because if you are buying a mini chances are you would not make that purchase because a iMac is about the same price as the mini and the screen and they keyboards and mice and it is a much more powerfull machine considering it has the G5 and the mini only had a G4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.