mac app world/store

Reaction score
Hi I have a question. The new software update for the app store on the desktop is supposed to enable you to install the apps from your ipod. I open the prog. and it says no items purchased yet. I thought you can install all/any apps. that are on your ipod. I know itunes has a backup of the apps. How do I get to them and install them on my Imac. Do I have to download them again individ. ?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Hi I have a question. The new software update for the app store on the desktop is supposed to enable you to install the apps from your ipod.

No it's not.

I open the prog. and it says no items purchased yet.

That would be correct.

I thought you can install all/any apps. that are on your ipod.

That would be incorrect.

I know itunes has a backup of the apps. How do I get to them and install them on my Imac. Do I have to download them again individ. ?

You don't install them on your Mac. The apps designed to run in iOS will not run in OS X, same as Windows apps do not run in OS X.

OP
E
Reaction score
Ok, so what is the purpose of this new prog? Do I go through the sections and then install the ones listed? And then they will run on my imac? I see catagories listed free etc, If I try one will it install run on my imac? I'm new to this, thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.