PowerBook g4 lines around cursor....

Reaction score
I recently purchased a PowerBook g4 as a parts comp. To my surprise it actually works better than I expected but the screen has lines around the cursor that follow the cursor. Was wondering the cause for this. It also likes to have programs start shutting down and throwing up errors after it's been running awhile. I was wondering if these errors could be caused by overheating and the fan possibly being bad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Sounds more like either a bad graphics card, bad RAM or worse-case scenario bad logic board. :(

- Simon

OP
C
Reaction score
Alright well is there any way to test it to check out or just basically start swapping parts? also is there anywhere to get the utitility disk? i have two of the powerbook g4 laptops and none of them came with the disk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
You could try ebay to get utility disks. Although you have to make sure that you get the right ones as they are model specific.

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.