Getting a Mac for Logic pro

Reaction score
Hi,

Im looking to buy a Mac desktop or laptop, though im specifically looking for something that is going to be able to handle Logic pro set up with a Midi Keyboard.
Not really very knowledgable about Macs so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for a relatively cheap machine that would be able to handle it. Price range could be anything from £200-600 I imagine but the cheaper it is the better, as long as it can do the job.

Thanks in advance if anyones able to help me :).

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The cheapest Mac in the Mac Mini that starts at £612 brand new. This is the base 2.4 Ghz model. You can probably pick up this thing refurbished or used elsewhere for cheaper.

There is no other Mac that is going to be in that range brand new. You'll have to really look at the used market..or bump up your maximum..

Regards

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
by MIDI keyboard i am guessing you want to run a lot of virtual instruments. make sure you have enough RAM available, i found that 4GB is best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I'm running Logic Pro 9 on my '07 MBP w/ 4GB RAM and an AKAI MPK-49 MIDI kb with no problems.
Logic seems to run even better when I upgraded to Snow Leopard and run it in 64bit.

IMO sell some stuff in your house to pay for the price of a newer spec Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.