Quicktime & Broswer Woes

Reaction score
Greetings Folks!

This is my first post. :)

So, I've been having some problems with quicktime plugins for both safari and firefox. It seems, from some research ont he web, that the native quicktime x for the latest OS (10.6.X) for my MBP, does not have a browser plugin.

I read a few articles/posts about browsers using QT 7 plugin as a default but in all that I read there was not much by way of a solution to folks' similar issues of not being able to stream videos on either browsers with QT X.

I tried to install QT 7 but couldnt bc of QT X being on the same target drive. I uninstalled QT X using appzapper and THEN retired the install of QT 7, and I still got the same error message on install, saying that QT X was installed (even tho it wasn't) on the target drive.

I'm at a loss right now. I would very much like to be able to watch video on sites, some tutorials for software I'm learning, and am unable to do so with my current configuration.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.