Leopard on a Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Server, 2xiMac, Macbook Pro 15, Macbook Pro 13
Hi All

I have a 13" Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard, and I would like to be able to start up from a Leopard partition on an external drive, as I really like using Freehand which wont work under Snow Leopard.

Can I do this, as I have created the partition with Leopard on it but am having trouble starting up from it.

thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Doubtful.If it's a recent MBP, Leopard won't contain the correct drivers or boot rom for your system.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi All

I have a 13" Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard, and I would like to be able to start up from a Leopard partition on an external drive, as I really like using Freehand which wont work under Snow Leopard.

Can I do this, as I have created the partition with Leopard on it but am having trouble starting up from it.

thx

As "EvenStranger" mentioned...if this is a 2010 13" MacBook Pro...you can't do it...the minimum OS is 10.6.3. If it's an older 13" MacBook Pro...you may be able to do it.

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.