• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Greatest Soundtrack Crime EVER

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
I recently downloaded You've Lost That Loving Feeling for the iPod and listening to it in its full version brought back many memories from the Top Gun years. They say that nostalgia truly sets in when you hit 30 but I can assure you that it must be catching up with me at double the speed. I remember I was given the Top Gun CD as a present when I was a kid and even more sharply so I remember asking myself why ON EARTH what I felt was THE song of the movie was not on it. So for me the omission of this song from the soundtrack is the Greatest Soundtrack Crime ever. Have you got one you would like to share? A song that perhaps you badly wished were included in a soundtrack while it wasn't or vice-versa?

T

Tel

I'd defiantly associate that song with that movie, seems silly to keep it off the album.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There reasoning is probably because they didn't play the actual song in the movie. Just singing part of the song doesn't require paramount to pay royalties, so they figure why pay more royalties when they don't have to

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
trpnmonkey41 said:
There reasoning is probably because they didn't play the actual song in the movie. Just singing part of the song doesn't require paramount to pay royalties, so they figure why pay more royalties when they don't have to

The actual song is played in the movie... towards the end from the juke box...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The greatest soundtrack crime *ever* is the fact that John Hughes never released a soundtrack album to the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

From Wikipedia:

Director John Hughes refused to release a soundtrack album for FBDO because he thought the eclectic collection of songs in the movie would not work together.

If they were ever compiled in an album, it would include:

Love Missile F1-11 (Extended Version) by Sigue Sigue Sputnik
Jeannie (Theme From I Dream of Jeannie)
Beat City by The Flowerpot Men
Star Wars (Main Title) by John Williams
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (Instrumental) by The Dream Academy
Danke Schoen by Wayne Newton
Twist and Shout by The Beatles
Radio People by Zapp
I'm Afraid by Blue Room
Taking The Day Off by General Public
The Edge Of Forever by The Dream Academy
March Of the Swivelheads by The (English) Beat
Oh Yeah by Yello
BAD by Big Audio Dynamite

I have most of these songs already, but a complete album--man, that would have kicked booty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
caribiner23 said:
The greatest soundtrack crime *ever* is the fact that John Hughes never released a soundtrack album to the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

From Wikipedia:

I have most of these songs around here somewhere, but a complete album--that would have kicked booty.
I would have to agree. No soundtrack for Ferris is a much bigger crime. :black:

OP
Stephanella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
Yes, the song is played at the end of the movie until the end credits run. But it ain't on my version of the soundtrack!

G

Gambit

Speaking of Tom Cruise...

I loved the movie "Vanilla Sky" and before I went Amazon, I went
from store to store to find the soundtrack. Then when I finally do
find the soundtrack, it didn't have that song "One of Us" by Joan
Osbourne (to be exact, the scene where Tom gets surgery from
some German Doctor and comments him on his singing)

Thank Goodness it had the R.E.M. song though.

:headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.