Mac Pro Glitches after HD Upgrade

Reaction score
I hired a small company that specializes in Mac repairs, upgrades, etc. Guy came out to my house and installed Western Digital 500GB on my Macbook Pro 08 w/Snow Leopard. He told me to let it run and reboot. I did.

Next day I noticed issues:
-devices are not recognized by iTunes including my iPad; iPhone; iPod
-iPhoto, see images but opens to black

There may be more issues....
Does anyone know what the issue might be? Advice?

I have tried repeatedly to get help from the person I hired and paid well.
It's been over a week and he "guarantees" his work!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Try repairing the disk and permissions by booting from your install dvd, going to Utilities > Disk Utility, clicking your new drive then the first aid tab then click repair disk, after that click repair permissions. Will take a little while so be patient.
Hopefully it will solve the glitches. :)

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Ok another option is to re-install itunes. Make a backup of your library if you want to be extra careful.
Could sort that problem.

- Simon

OP
D
Reaction score
I posted on facebook and someone suggested re-installing iTunes. That worked and it's now reading my devices!! So happy! But now.....

Do you think this would work for iPhoto as well? I'm apprehensive although I have everything backed up. The issue is I can see images when I open iPhoto but when I click to open, it's black, no image.

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have everything backed up then you shouldn't have anything to fear :)

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.