switching between apps?

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just made the switch from Windows to imac and love it. I host a lot of servers on linux/solaris platform and was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to switch between multiple open terminals. I know how to create new terminals by holding the command+N key down but Command+tab switches between applications not the multiple open terminals. I've about 10 terminals open at all times looking at different things and the 27 inch screen is working out great for it. I m not very pleased with the mouse (never was) always been a keyboard guy so any help on this would be appreciated.

Ahh another thing just popped up. How do you enable spell check globally on the system instead of app by app?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
To switch between windows in one app press Command ~, this will switch around the multiple windows you have open. Hope this helped.

- Kyle

OP
I
Reaction score
To switch between windows in one app press Command ~, this will switch around the multiple windows you have open. Hope this helped.

- Kyle

Sweet. I'll give it a shot when I get home. Gota use PC at work...company policy :Grimmace:

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks Kyle that works great. Another thing that popped up was closing a single app, such as a terminal window when you have several terminal windows open. cmd + w closes them all, is there a key combo that only closes the window you are in. Typing exit says logout and process complete but doesn't close the window.

Please advice...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Command W should close the window you are in, maybe your pressing Command Q on accident?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 13.3" MacBook 4,1 Intel Core2 Duo, 4Gigs Ram (2x2G), 2.4GHz, OS X 10.7.2
If you open the Terminal Preferences pane using the "Terminal" pull-down menu, and select "Settings" and then "Shell" you can set it to close the window when the shell exits, you can also set it to close only if the shell exits cleanly (I guess that means it didn't exit due to a runtime error in the process you had running), or the default where it doesn't close the window.

Also, since you're using multiple terminal windows, you might enjoy "Window Groups" where you can save a group of windows in the configuration you want by choosing "Save Windows as Group" from the "Window" menu and you can set it to open that group whenever you start Terminal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.