Issue when i let macbook automatically go to sleep so i can calibrate.

Reaction score
So when i am letting the battery run low i know that it is automatically supposed to go to sleep when it gets low enough and then eventually it shuts down.

Well, after i get the dialogue that says the computer will automatically go to sleep unless i plug it in.. i just keep using it so it can just go to sleep as it says in the calibration directions. So i keep using it and then soon enough the screen goes black as if turned off and i think ok so it must be in sleep now before it completely shuts down. But the things is that as soon as that happens the sleep indicator light is never on. Its as if if it just turns off or shuts down rather than being asleep first.....

So ya whats with that??
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
While you are using it you are preventing it from going to sleep, and it is shutting down when the battery is as empty as it can get.
It doing just what it is supposed to do.
If you were to stop using it when that dialogue appears, it would just go to sleep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.