Freezes up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
hey guys ive had my iBook G4 since xmas and up until about 2 months ago i havent had any problems and now for some reason when i go online after being connected for about 3 or 4 minutes the whole system just freezes up and i can do nothing. i cant even do apple option esc it doesnt work i have to end up turning the whole system off and begin again. and then it will probably do this about 2 or 3 times and then work normal. i was wondering whether anyone knew what the problem might be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
did you install anything recently... Repair permissions in disk utility, and zap pram (turn off computer hold down apple option p r and wait for 3 start up chimes then let go) that should fix the problem.. if not come back and lets us know.

B

Biturbo V12 AMG

what helps us out is by telling us the last program you installed and if you did any changes such as adding ram. this sounds like a bad pice of ram. run your apple diagnostic software that came with your computer. you can also repair your computer off that disk.

OP
jacksonworld
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
hi i tried the apple option p r thingy and i couldnt hear anything. no chimes no nothing. was i doing it wrong? the laptop was off but do i need to do it when ive turned it on or when the laptop is completely turned off?

O

OSXMacMiniJacob

...I'm sure you can goto the genius at a Mac store- I had a fat problem and my computer didn't run. It turns out SoulSeek was infecting it- used it on a PC and it was fine... wouldn't try it again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.