Somethings wrong...

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here so pleeeeeese go easy on me.

I've just purchased an iMac with the intention to use it for recording music and imaging. I've been using a Sony VAIO with an Edirol FA-66 Fire Wire sound card. Before this I used the FA-66 with a Fujitsu Siemens PC and also at one point, a Mac Book Pro (for about 6 weeks). Every things been fine until I've started using the FA-66 with my iMac using a Firewire 900 - 400 lead. Now, at random times the sounds cuts off for up to 10 minutes in some case leaving the "green out put" LED flashing on the front of the sound card.

I have phoned Apple Care and emailed Edirol and both are blaming each others equipment. It seems to be worse with iTunes???? :O(

Also, the iMac can run VVVVEEEERRRRYYYYY SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW

Any ideas? Any checks I should be doing?

Jon

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can we assume this is a new computer...or is it used?...hard to know without it's specifications.

If you just purchased this computer...it's possible that something is wrong with it. Should just take it back to your nearest Apple Store to have them look at it.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.