Recovered Files?

Reaction score
Okay, this isn't the first time this has happened and I have no idea what it is, which is why I hope you guys can help me.
Today when I first turned on my computer I noticed that the trash was full which is weird because I remember emptying it last night right before shutting it down.
Okay so when I open the trash inside is a folder title 'Recovered Files' and underneath is a bunch of sub folders.

Does anyone know what this is? And whether I should empty the trash or not. It happened once before but there was only one sub folder under Recovered Files so I thought I was good and emptied it. But this time there are a lot of sub folders so I'm hesitant because I don't want to erase something important.

Can anyone help me out?

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank you for that response.
I was using Pages yesterday so maybe that's why, but I always close via command-q so... But as long as there's not a problem it doesn't really bother me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Your welcome.

Just wish I knew why iWork modules make this folder appear after a reboot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.