PDF Editing on the Mac

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if I have posed this in the wrong section...

My seminar tutor at university uploads weekly readings to a website however she tends to upload double page book scans which are not convenient for reading on the iPad and annotating in an app like iAnnotate. I have two questions:

(1) Can anyone recommend a app on the Mac that will allow me to manually split the pages? i.e. so one page fills the iPad screen, MacBook etc.

(2) Can anyone also recommend a method for decreasing the file sizes of PDFs? My seminar tutor seems to be scanning some sort of format (I am not sure what it is) that when scrolling is incredibly clunky and lags. This behaviour is not something I do not experience when I scan my own book pages.

Thanks in advance :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Have you searched the Mac App Store yet? I've seen several PDF editing apps in there already.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for your response MymacROX and sorry for my delay. I did not know anyone had responded to this thread as I thought I would have received an email alert (maybe this is something I have to set up within my profile options.)

With regards to the Mac App Store, I am familiar with the PDF editors on there and from what I have seen thus far they only tend to split and merge PDF documents. For such operations I use PDFpen Pro. I am looking to split a double page book scan into a single page (resulting in two separate pages i.e. 46 pages of double page scans would result in 92 single pages) and I cannot find an app to do so.

If anyone has any suggestions I am willing to try anything...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
D
Reaction score

Lol, thanks, but the "$$$" is precisely the problem (I have looked at Adobe X Pro.) I have a very good PDF suite in PDFpen Pro (it meets my needs.) It's just this one feature, namely cutting up the PDF that remains an issue. At the moment I have to manually copy and past a 'selection' I make in Apple Preview into PDFpen Pro. This becomes incredibly time consuming for a 90+ document.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.