Strange Screensaver issue on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Referring to a Macbook Pro, 13.3", running 10.6.6, 2.4Ghz Processor, 4GB ram.

Started noticing an issue with the screensaver the other day. Screensaver comes on as scheduled, displays for about a minute, then quits and returns to the desktop. If you leave it alone it will repeat this cycle as scheduled.

I cleared my caches, and deleted the only recently installed program, Caffeine, which I thought might be causing the issue. No change.

Messed around with a couple settings in system preferences and chose "Test." As when it comes on as scheduled, the screensaver quit after about a minute, and I was greeted with an error message, "System Preferences has quit unexpectedly."

Any troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks...

Wow! This is a really awesome forum! So glad I stopped by here or I wouldn't have gotten 31 people to look at my problem and not offer one iota of help. What a waste of server space.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The fact that your post had 31 views and no responses is not unusual if a problem is such that folks can't or are unable to offer a solution. Members that post here are volunteers not paid trouble shooters.

Did you try to resolve the problem yourself by using the search function of these forums or a Google search?

I might also add that your remarks above certainly haven't helped you to get any offerings for a resolution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.