os not installing.

Reaction score
sorry if its in the wrong place, my ibook g4 recently froze and wouldnt boot up again so i tried reinstalling the os, (10.5) but every time i try to it fails just before it finishes. it also takes about 40 minutes just to verify the os disc, so im not sure if the disc drive and hard drive are screwed.

any ideas?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
sorry if its in the wrong place, my ibook g4 recently froze and wouldnt boot up again so i tried reinstalling the os, (10.5) but every time i try to it fails just before it finishes. it also takes about 40 minutes just to verify the os disc, so im not sure if the disc drive and hard drive are screwed.

any ideas?

- Did you have OS 10.5 on this iBook before?
- What is the cpu speed of you're iBook?
- What color is the install disk you're using (gray or black)?
- If a gray disk...did this disk come with your iBook when you originally bought it?

- Nick

OP
L
Reaction score
- Did you have OS 10.5 on this iBook before?
- What is the cpu speed of you're iBook?
- What color is the install disk you're using (gray or black)?
- If a gray disk...did this disk come with your iBook when you originally bought it?

- Nick

hey, yeah i had it installed and the laptop froze and wouldnt boot up again so i tried reinstalling the os and thats when these problems happened.
- not sure what the cpu speed is but i presuume it'll be the same as it left the manufacturer,
- black disc

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.