Ram

Reaction score
So im not a 100% sure this should be placed here but you'll tell me soon enough i guess.

I have an iBook G4 it was yellow it was cheap,after cleaning it intensively ican say(belive me a toothbrush and all)its white again.

I have been a windows user all my day's till now and i am wondering,is it something in the hardware or the way mac accesses the Ram memory that makes it just this much faster and more stable.

i havnt been able to use a windows computer for longer then 3 hours without something going wrong one way or another ive been on this thing 2 days now and it is fine i can't seem to find annything on this annywhere on google except for these foolish is win vs mac wars...

thank you in advance

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
In my opinion it has more to do with the stability of the OS...not so much the hardware.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 ibook 1.2/512 leopard, 2007 MacBook 2.0 c2d lion, 20" imac 1.8 cd , 2010 mac mini
I have noticed that as well, i always used windows based computers as well, i got an old g3 powerbook pismo about 2 years ago, used my friends os x 10.4 disks to get it working and it worked 10 times better than any windows computer so i found a g4 tibook first gen on craigslist in chicago for $50.00 bought that used it for a year, still using it as a desktop now didnt want to spend close to 200 for a battery for an 11 year old laptop. bought a new compaq with windows 7 for my laptop used it for 10 days located a store in chicago that had some used apple laptops, traded him even for a g4 1.2/512 ibook running leopard a week ago. compared to the new compaq with windows 7 the ibook is as fast if not faster and doesnt become annoying with wanting to do updates in the middle of doing something with it or it deciding its time for a virus scan or just internet explorer deciding to quit. on that thought one has to give microsoft a little credit..... windows 7 is much better than vista or xp BUT....it still falls far short of apple os x. I will never buy another windows machine again. apple has me for life now. enjoy your mac, you will find that os x is just the best there is and you will enjoy the computer just working without having to play with it to send an email!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.