Macbook doesnt' connect to wifi after update

Reaction score
Hi,

My Macbook which I bought in May '07 always connected perfectly to my wireless router (Netgear DG834g) until recently. I installed a job lot of apple updates for the first time in a year and now I cannot connect to my wireless network for love nor money unless I reinstall the OS to remove them! If I do that though itunes, quicktime and iphoto stop working and I have to reboot the PRAM.

It recognises it's there but the connection keeps timing out when I put in the password (WPA). It can connect to the wireless signal for a while if I connect the router and Macbook together physically with some Cat5 first.

I'm certain it's not a router issue as it's worked perfectly since day one until I installed these updates and it currently has 8 different devices that connect to it at home, including two ipod touchs and an ipad.

Any help, advice or pointers would be much appreciated as I'm not sure I can be bothered reinstalling the OS again!

Thanks

Dan

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have you checked Netgear to see if there is a firmware update for the router?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.