No Sound .........HELP !!!!!!!!

Reaction score
My MBP 17 is 8 months old. I recently bought a mini display port to HDMI adaptor (as I wanted to be able to route videos etc stored on the MBP through my HD TV)..........Anyway the adaptor works well.........But there is no audio coming out of the TV at all. I read somewhere that I should be able to get an audio as well as a video signal. Into my TV via the HDMI route.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Izzak

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks

Brilliant.......Thanks for your guidance. I have been doing a bit of searching on Amazon and found a MDP to HDMI adaptor (for unibody MBP's) for £12.95 delivered (manufactured by Neet).......See description below). I have ordered one and it should be here tomorrow. I will confirm if it works or not.

Apple Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter cable by Neet® - ( VIDEO + AUDIO converter for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air - iMac + PC with Mini DP etc. ) *** WITH AUDIO ***

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Just make sure you verified that your model MBP is one that will carry audio via it's mdp. It should at 8 months old if you bought it new and not refurb or old stock from someone, it's been a little over 9 months since the current model was released.

If you come up with any other questions after reading the sticky, just let us know.
You may have to go into Sound preferences to select the HDMI out once you get it hooked up.

Reaction score
Similar problem

Just make sure you verified that your model MBP is one that will carry audio via it's mdp. It should at 8 months old if you bought it new and not refurb or old stock from someone, it's been a little over 9 months since the current model was released.

If you come up with any other questions after reading the sticky, just let us know.
You may have to go into Sound preferences to select the HDMI out once you get it hooked up.

I have a similar problem of no audio. I have a 2011 MBP 13 and purchased a mdp to hdmi adapter from Rocketfish. I have video on my Toshiba 40" HDTV, but no audio. I went to preferences --> sound --> outpout and select HDMI Toshiba, but still no sound.

Any advice?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.