New IMac user here (former PowerPC user)

Reaction score
I just got my new IMac (actually it's a used one off EBay from Late 2006). I had a PowerPC before for a year, but found out that series of Macs was being left behind support wise. I mostly am getting into Macs to expand my skills as a technician and get certified.

I used to think you couldn't really tinker with the Macs like you could the PCs, but research has told me different. I'm actually excited to tell you the truth.

I'm wondering about sites I should go to as a Mac user, blogs to read, that sort of thing. Hopefully some of the older members have suggestions.

C

chas_m

iFixit.com has the main things you need -- visual, well-put-together guides of upgrades or repairs to various models.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature.
I usually listen to the MacCast. It would probably apply more to newer users, but I still listen anyway. Go to the iTunes Store and search MacCast and it should show up. The icon I believe is an older Mac (possibly an SE, not that it really matters) holding an iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.