New Apple inc rumors/news website, critique needed

Reaction score
Hi guys im a wannabe web developer and i decided to practice by creating a Mac rumours/News site:

home - Eat your Apples

i would love to hear your design/functionality suggestions! (bear in mind this is my first attempt at anything web development related so please sugar-coat the abuse :))

how much of an entry should i display as an excerpt on the home page? (its hard to tell if viewers wanna click on an article to read it all or just scroll down the homepage without clicking)

do you like the banner? (feels a little empty to me)

are the font colours readable? (i've only got a poxy little laptop so i'd love to hear what it looks like on your monitors)

Many many thanks,
Adrian

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I think it looks good. My only gripe is with the banner. The green apple thing is kind of taking away from the name of your website. Doesn't help that it's the same color as the background too. >_<"

Keep it simple and try not to use too many different fonts.

C

chas_m

Design is pretty clean, graphics are good (though you should give credit more often). As far as website mechanics go, it's not clear that I'm on the "all" tab by default. As far as writing goes, use AP style (ie, spell out one through nine, 10 and above are numbers, "percent" is always written out, etc).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core i5
over all a good design though i do have a few pointers for you
1 give your self some more back glow ,(on eat your apples) will make it pop a bit more
2 reduce the the font size
3 loose the funky font(all the latest) use a web safe font
4 can you not find a better image for the iphone looks a bit bity around the edges , there are plenty of vector images out there of iphones

but over all it is a goodd first attempt well done!!!:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.