iTunes hangs when uploading music to iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core, Mac OS X Lion NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2 Duo,

I'm running OS X 10.3.9 with iTunes V. 4.9 and everytime I try to upload music to my ipod iTunes hangs.:mad: The program locks up and displays the loading icon.:mad: Does any one know of this problem? How can it be fixed.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Can you tell, if it hangs on a particular song during the transferring process? If it does, delete that song and then try it again. If that isn't the case, I would try restoring the iPod back to the factory settings by using the iPod Updater.

OP
jayluna
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core, Mac OS X Lion NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2 Duo,
iWhat said:
Can you tell, if it hangs on a particular song during the transferring process? If it does, delete that song and then try it again. If that isn't the case, I would try restoring the iPod back to the factory settings by using the iPod Updater.

First off. Thanks for your reply. Second... Its not possible to tell. What I do is restart, and the ipod picks up where it left off and continues, but it seems after a short while when im no longer paying attention to it, it hangs. I don't know what it is. I'll try and restore it back to factory settings but if that should not work. Then what? Any suggestions.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When the iPod and iTunes sync up together, the library should appear in front of you, and iTunes will scroll down the list of songs, which are being transfered that have yet to be on your iPod. By each song that needs to be synced, you will see a little icon with circular arrows by each song. You should try to see, which one song iTunes hangs on, if this is possible.

iTunes seems fine, but we'll see, if we'll need to tackle iTunes in a bit.

OP
jayluna
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iWhat said:
When the iPod and iTunes sync up together, the library should appear in front of you, and iTunes will scroll down the list of songs, which are being transfered that have yet to be on your iPod. By each song that needs to be synced, you will see a little icon with circular arrows by each song. You should try to see, which one song iTunes hangs on, if this is possible.

iTunes seems fine, but we'll see, if we'll need to tackle iTunes in a bit.

Thanks again. It seems that the track I removed thanks to your advice helped out. The ipod is uploading fine. I suppose if it happens again. I should just removie the track from the selected song list....

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad to hear that it worked for ya jayluna. :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.