Screen Capture - Changing default location

E

EightmanVT

So - I used the screen capture - twice today - but don't like that it saves by default to the Desktop. How would I change that? For instance - I'd like to just create a folder dedicated to screen captures. I'm enjoying the clean desktop - and would like to keep it that way. I don't want to do a manual move each time.
Thanks.

P.S. - Please let me know when I've exceeded the number of simpleton questions that a newbie is alloted :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The app OnyX is great for a ton of things, your request being one of them. That would be my recommendation.

Within the app go to Parameters>General

OnyX.app

onyx_20101203164702.jpg

OP
E

EightmanVT

Excellent - Thanks!! I had downloaded and installed Onyx yesterday - just hadn't gone very far in it since I haven't set up Time machine or done anysort of back up - and the program prompts you for that out of the gate. I still need to go get a stand alone drive to get this done. I also found a few command line suggestions - although they were from 2007 for an older version of Mac OX.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
;) glad it helped... tons of cool little tweaks you can do within Onyx. Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.