Aperture 3 in the app store

OP
S
Reaction score
awsome!

purchased one copy of aperture 3 once I get my mini a new 750gb hard drive and 8gb ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac i3 4GB 1Tb 21.5" 3.2Ghz ATI Radeon HD 5670 with 512MB
I downloaded the app 3 days ago from the store and it's been very unstable. It crashes and sometimes runs very slow.

Not sure what to do other than abandon and go back to Lightroom.

I have a nearly new i3 iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I use Aperture, can't say I've had any of the issues you're describing. Do you have any strange extensions or system modifications?

Reaction score
It's stable for me too. We use it for our home business, have never had trouble at all... What exactly happens when it crashes for you? I mean, are you trying to do something specific each time? Or is it random and crashing regardless of what you're doing? Post more info and maybe someone can help! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP 16gb ram, 2.3 i7, 500 gb hd, 750 gb hd
I used the trial for the full 30 days and then bought it from the App store and haven't had any problems. I'm running a spanking new base i3 iMac. I get beach balls on occasion, but that's generally with huge imports so I don't fault the program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac i3 4GB 1Tb 21.5" 3.2Ghz ATI Radeon HD 5670 with 512MB
Thanks folks for your messages, much appreciated.

Situation the same here. It just wont work in anger. Not unlike the way MS Word and Excel struggle under many edits and saves, as we PhD students encounter to our horror dealing with very large documents/files everyday.

Lightroom never crashed. Thanks Adobe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
I have both lightroom 3 and aperture 3.. I just apeture 3 a lot and I want to use it as my main program but lightroom just seems to work better for me. I dont know what it is maybe it is just the interface or something... I just keep getting pulled back to it.

I have never had any issues with either though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.