Airport Extreme Card won't connect to 802.11n

Reaction score
I have a Mac Mini 3,1 with a b/g/n Airport Extreme card (Broadcom). I'm trying to connect it to 802.11n via a Billion 7404VNPX wireless router, without success.

The hardware spec says it's n-enabled, as does System Profiler and Network Utility. Still won't connect. Same problem with a similarly enabled card (Atheros) in my MacBook, whereas a 3rd-party (Edimax) PCI card in an ancient PowerMac G4 connects to n perfectly. I've forced the router out of g/n mode into n only. No go. Back to g/n mode and the 2 cards connect via g.

Any solutions available?

Reaction score
Interesting you said that. We have just grabbed a Billion 7800N modem/router and cannot for the life of me connect a MacPro 3,1 to it either. All our PCs connect no problem. I thought it was a problem with the mac but I dont think it is - I replaced the router for the old linksys G one I had and everythings connecting fine Mac wise , put the 7800N Billion to the same settings, channel, security etc, and still no luck. Anyone else had issues with Billion routers wifi and Macs?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.