Color Profile Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air, 16 GB iPhone 4
I just recently upgraded my wife's 2006 17" MBP (time for a new one) to snow leopard from leopard and now she's having issues. When attempting to set a new color profile it stops short of doing it and gives an error message of some sort. I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere on here and will continue searching but I've had no luck so far. She's a photographer so this is a fairly big issue. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It may help if you can add what the error message is that she is getting.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unfortunately she's not in front of it right now. I'd look but she's in Texas and I'm stuck in Montana right now. She said she believed it was just "error - can't save profile" though. Or something very close to that at least.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd found that one as well and we may try it later as I did do a backup on an external drive. I was just wanting to see if someone else might have gone through this as well and save a little time beating my head into the wall. Thank you though, I appreciate it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well that didn't help any as the info seems to be where it's supposed to be. It will let her calibrate it but won't save it. Here's the message. "An error occured. The new calibrated display profile could nor be created or set to be the current profile for this display."

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We seem to be running in the same circles. Her's didn't seem to have a slash in the first place but she tried a new name and although she got the error it did seem to save it. Dunno if it's an elegant solution but it'll work for now I guess. Thanks again for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.