21 iMac vs 27 iMac

Reaction score
I understand all that. But like you said, about the free market... The people buy Apple's stuff like a sugar junkie after candy. They aren't being hurt at all, or else they'd change something I'm sure... I wish they had BR too, they do have CS5, I never bothered with Final Cut. And you're right. I mean, they aren't LOSING anything at all, right now. But if they'd add BR and update Final Cut, they would not only be not losing anything, but they would pick up a few more. But at any rate, I was just trying to say, they are making more money than ever as is. So they are doing what the majority wants, and like any business, they probably won't cater to those individuals or minorities of us who want something else. I guess adding this or that, spends more money, and they don't feel like that extra spending would bring enough profit to warrant it :(

It's like any other business. I wish GM would bring Pontiac back and make the only decent car again that they ever made. But they aren't gonna as long as the crap is flying off the lots and their wallets are happy.

Yep. I totally agree. As much as I'd like to think my $30,000 purchase was a slap in the face to Apple--a wake up call, so to speak--I unfortunately know that Steve didn't even feel it! :)

Now if there were 100,000 of us they might glance over.... but we're certainly not the market they are catering to at the moment... which I guess _IS_ the free market in action like you said.

As long as they don't care about loosing a bunch of pro users (like I see they are doing) and they are swimming in the moo-la with the iGadges, then more power to them.

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.