Used 24" Cinema Display, new Dell U2410 or something else?

Reaction score
I recently purchased a macbook pro & currently own a pc. I currently have a samsung syncmaster T220 which Ive ben very happy with on my PC... well I got myself a minidisplay port to DVI converter to use the macbook pro with it as well, but the picture is simply not sharp enough using my macbook.... after a bit of internet research its been suggested that the loss of clarity could be due to converting from minidisplay to dvi.. as Im intending on using the macbook pro more with the monitor than the PC, its important that the picture is sharp.

After more research & also looking at my budget, I have narrowed down to the 2 monitors in the title.. as the dell has both inputs for minidisplay and also dvi, this would be an advantage as wouldnt need to use a switcher.... however the big advantage that the cinema display has is the connectors that can plug straight into my MBP which would make things a bit neater on the desk, plus there would be no conversion for the MBP going to the monitor.

Any advise would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Out of personal preference I would go for the Apple Cinema Display. Not only do you have direct plug and play access to it it also comes with the charger connector, so you only have to use one socket in the house. They also just look really nice :p

- Simon

Reaction score
I second the above poster. The cinema monitor is by far the best I have seen. I have the 27" on the way now for my Mac mini.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.