• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Help! Slow motion videos after converting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" 2.4 Ghz/4GB Ram/250HD/Lion 10.7.1
:[ i bought total video converter for my mbp because i had to convert all the hd videos imported to my pc. when i switched to mac, it would not play the videos saved on my external hd so i had to buy this converter. after i convert the videos, it plays on slow motion so it is out of sync. please help. those videos are treasure to me.

i would appreciate any help. thanks in advance.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
what format are the videos, and what do you want them converted to?

this would really help me recommend software for conversion.

if they are windows files, you can use flip4mac to play them.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yey! thanks for replying. the format is m2ts. i formatted it to avi and the video became slow motion so the audio is not sync. its so frustrating. please tell me more. thanks in advance.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
have you tried converting it to mp4? avi is not as reliable as mp4. if you can, see if that works, if not:

ive never come across that format, but im going to suggest these two programs to convert the files. the first is MPEG Streamclip:

Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac OS X

if you try and open it in that and then select export as mp4. if that doesnt read it, try handbrake. hope this helps :)

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes i tried mp4 but it is still the same crap. the ones i imported using my mac is ok. just the ones that i imported while i was still using pc are the ones that i cannot convert correctly. plus the video becomes so distorted too. am afraid i cannot save this videos anymore. =(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.