Panther's on it's way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Well, I just ordered my copy tonight. I had decided to pick it up at the Night of Panther (even though I had some reservations a while back about buying it in its initial release version), but we very disappointed to learn that no Educational pricing was being offered at the stores. So I ordered online tonight, and hopefully it will arive late this week.

Now I need to decide whether I want to do a complete wipe, or install over Jaguar. I'm still a little confused about the process. If I do decide to do a clean wipe and install, how will I go about re-installing the software that came with my iBook (Appleworks, Quicken, World Book, etc.)?

S

Stoomie

u might want to upgrade over jaguar. I did both, first an upgrade and later just a clean swipe. upgrade is better because a clean install removes little things ur computer came with that u never tripped off the fact that they were important but now theyre gone. now, if u dont care about that kinda stuff then yah just do it clean, make sure u back up ur important stuff

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Stoomie said:
u might want to upgrade over jaguar. I did both, first an upgrade and later just a clean swipe. upgrade is better because a clean install removes little things ur computer came with that u never tripped off the fact that they were important but now theyre gone. now, if u dont care about that kinda stuff then yah just do it clean, make sure u back up ur important stuff

What sort of "little things" are missing?

S

Stoomie

heh I explained it wrong I think. Ill just tell you what happened to me. I upgraded from jaguar and everything was fine, except something went wrong with my safari, so I had to do a clean swipe. when I did it, I discovered iDVD did not install, nor did things that came with my computer such as appleworks, developer tools, some games, some utilities and free trials of stuff. they werent really that important but I felt like I was "robbed" of things, heh. fortunately I had the original disc that came with my comp that installs iDVD and developer tools and oter goodies that came with my comp but still I feel like wierd a bout losing the stuff. I d unno if that helps you very much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Yeah, this is an upgrade. You can still do the Software Restore and get all of your old stuff back. You're machine should have come with Software Restore CD's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.