MacBook Pro Mini Display Output Issue

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro and yesterday was watching a video clip on the TV via a HDMI converter and the Mini Display port. The battery died and since then I can not get any output via HDMI?

When I plug in the cable the laptop screen flickers but then back to the normal resolution and nothing on the TV?? Usually I connect the cable the laptop screen resolution reduces and the image come on the TV?

Any ideas?

Cheers
Louis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Make sure it is recognising the cable is there by looking in System Prefs > Display.

- Simon

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In addition to Buzzard's reply, reset the SMC just in case.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Glad you got it sorted out :)

- Simon

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi Simon,

Me again, unfortunately after two days I've lost my output again but this time resetting the SMC doesn't fix it this time?

In the tutorial it says
"Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter does not change states or temporarily turn-off when you reset the SMC."

When I reset the SMC the light does change? Its orange then I press the 3 keys and power and the light goes green, then after a few seconds back the orange?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Louis

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.