Why will email not delete off iPhone when I delete it off desktop?

Reaction score
I have mobileme for email and when I delete an email from mobileme on, say, my desktop it doesn't delete them from my other devices (ipad and iphone4) unless I actually go into email on those devices and let it update. In the past as soon as I delete an email from my desktop the red number indicator on the mail icon disappears and I don't have to go into the email. Is there any reason this may be happening? It's only recently started doing this. It's annoying.

BTW, don't know if it matters but I have most email going into my google account which get forwarded to my mobileme account. I have it set to automatically archive my google emails after they get forwarded.

Also, I have my google email set to inactive on both my ipad and iphone. In other words only my mobileme account is active on my other devices. Could this be the reason why? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.