hooking subwoofer up to cinema monitor?

Reaction score
Can I put a subwoofer inline with the cinema monitor speakers to fill out the sound a bit? any way this can be done?

Reaction score
sounds strange

Can I put a subwoofer inline with the cinema monitor speakers to fill out the sound a bit? any way this can be done?

Don't know which display you refer to, but I've heard the new LED displays already have a "decent" subwoofer inside. If not, you are probably going to have to buy a standard RCA stereo Y-cord (minijack to stereo RCA jacks) to hook up your computer to the subwoofer (naturally depending on what inputs you have, line in or speaker level...). However the whole set up would be odd because you'd be sending the whole audio signal to the subwoofer without some crossover cutoff... But my question is why are you doing this? If you are somewhat concerned about the quality of sound, you won't significantly "fix" the crappy monitor sound with a subwoofer. You are much better off buying some decent external speakers (like audioengine a2's). And if you are really concerned about the sound you are going to have to connect your computer to a decent integrated amp (via your optical out), buy some good speakers and hook it all up.

OP
S
Reaction score
I know speakers are better. I have harman kardon speakers now, just trying to clean up the desktop. But I guess speakers will have to stay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.