New to Mac, which laptop ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipad 3g 64gb, Iphone 4, MBP 15 i7, Hi-Res A/Glare, 512mb Grafix, 500Gb 7200rpm Drive, 8Gb Ram
I am coming from years of PC and want to try a macbook.
The budget isnt really an issue but at the same time I dont want to waste my money needlessly.

My question is, what laptop to buy ?
Do I spend £2500 on the highest spec or is a £1500 system good enough ?
Does the extra money spent make that much of a difference ?

I appreciate your time reading this.

Jason

Reaction score
Your gonna get slammed with posted asking what your going to do with the computer until then I don't see how anyone can give you an educated opinion.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipad 3g 64gb, Iphone 4, MBP 15 i7, Hi-Res A/Glare, 512mb Grafix, 500Gb 7200rpm Drive, 8Gb Ram
First post sorry.

I am going to be using it for editing photos, doing some video work for my business.
I will also need to run the windows package for other applications.
I am a software developer by trade, so I will also use the mac for binary coding.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am coming from years of PC and want to try a macbook.
The budget isnt really an issue but at the same time I dont want to waste my money needlessly.

If you're a longtime Windows user...and have never owned a Macintosh before...I agree...why would you want to spend £2500 to £1500 on a computer you may end up not liking. Unless your name is "Prince William"...and your grandmother is "The Queen"!;)

I say just buy a used Macintosh, and see what you think. If you like it...then you can upgrade later or sell it...and then buy something new.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I say go for the gusto get the best its not like people will not buy a used MBP if its working and I would definitely get Apple Care. I personally have not met anyone that
gave Apple a good try regret it and you can run Windows on it if need be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.