iPod Mini menu button trouble

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core, Mac OS X Lion NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2 Duo,
I have a 4gb ipod mini. Recently the menu button just stop working out of the blue...

I tried resetting the ipod (menu + select) and it worked but still the menu button will not browse back, or turn on the back light on.

My sister had the same problem with an older ipod. She just let it sit, and the next day it was fine.:confused:

I searched google and it seems like it isnt just me with this problem.

please help.

P

phantasma

I'm sort of having similar problems with my scroll wheel. It skips around alot and sometimes just doesn't work. I've tried the firmware reset and its not really working. I'm going to try to either upgrading or downgrading the firmware to see if its thats the cause. I'll keep this posted.

OP
jayluna
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core, Mac OS X Lion NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2 Duo,
phantasma said:
I'm sort of having similar problems with my scroll wheel. It skips around alot and sometimes just doesn't work. I've tried the firmware reset and its not really working. I'm going to try to either upgrading or downgrading the firmware to see if its thats the cause. I'll keep this posted.

If ya figure something out. I'd like to know.

Thank you

P

phantasma

ok mine was due to moisture. I just completely killed the battery on it and just let it sit in an open warm place that got plenty of sun ( sort of like a plant) and after 3 days its working fine.

OP
jayluna
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
phantasma said:
ok mine was due to moisture. I just completely killed the battery on it and just let it sit in an open warm place that got plenty of sun ( sort of like a plant) and after 3 days its working fine.

Thats a trip. I just let mine sit for a cuple of days and the same **** happened.... it started working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.