How do I increase the size of doc's???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
I have this HUGE 27" screen yet so far when I open stuff in Pages or Numbers they can only be sized so much leaving 50% or more of my screen worthless.

This is especially painful since I need reading glasses which is why I opted for the 27" screen. On my PC I could take advantage of the 24" I had.

HELP!!!!

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
In  menu > system preferences > Universal Access you can switch on screen zooming

That will help you temporarily zoom the screen and then zoom out when you have finished reading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I don't follow. Are you saying even when you drag the little corner to have the document fill the entire screen, that the document only takes up half your screen? In that case, you need to increase the zoom from within the app itself (I imagine it's set somewhere around 100%, you need to increase that amount until the document fills the screen).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Here's the thing,..

With high definition being what is most coveted these days, the 27" screen can support a high resolution. With all LCD displays they have what is called the "native resolution" which in your case is 2560x1440. That is a lot of pixels!!!

By adjusting your resolution in  >System Preferences > Displays to a smaller resolution you will notice that everything gets bigger using more of your screen as you might say. You will need to find a resolution that has the proportionate aspect ratio of your screen. Using non-proportionate resolutions will cause the display to look stretched or fuzzy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.