Loading Snow Leopard from USB

Reaction score
So heres the deal, I just recently moved and cannot for the life of me find my snow leopard disk, or leopard for that matter. Anyways I do have a dmg that I have copied to an external hDD. That HDD is not partitioned and has VERy important documents to me. I would like to clean install with my snow leopard dmg because my mac is slowing down and has lots of junk. I only have a 4gb flash drive. So here is my thoughts. Can I use Pacifist to shrink down the damage by deleting languages and printer drivers and then load it onto my usb (if you have an easy to read method pls share). Or should I use IPartition to try and create a new partition on the HD and be reassured that it WILL NOT delete or damage my important files. Or does anyone else have any ideas. THANKS

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why make a lot of work for yourself? Besides, you would need at least an 8GB flash drive and it's doubtful it would work.

Just buy another copy of Snow Leopard at your nearest Apple store or Best Buy. $29.00

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.