Should I or should I not?

Reaction score
I am going to buy a 13" MBP with better Processor. This is set.

But as my budget is limited due to me recently spending £10000 in Photo Equipment I will buy the simple model with better processor leaving the RAM and Hard Drive at standard setting.

I will however want to upgrade. So should I buy from Apple or are there other retailers that sell compatible SSD and 8GB RAM for less?

I want an HDD because of the reliability and durability and 8GB of RAM because I always had RAM problems in the past so I have sworn to myself that it would never happen again. :D

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm in Australia and I get my stuff from OWC.
Newegg doesn't do international shipping, so if you know someone in the US, maybe they could get it for you, and send it as a gift :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So just go with OWC. Shipping isn't over the top.... and what you are saving getting it from there compared to Apple, you will be saving yourself the cost of a holiday somewhere nice :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ie 8GB RAM I just purchased from OWC to upgrade from the 4GB I have was less than $100, and I get to keep the 4GB my MBP came with.
From Apple it's $560 with my Mac, and I don't get to keep the original 4GB RAM that it comes with.

500GB 7200RPM HD from OWC less than $100 and I get to keep my 320GB 540RPM HD.
Apple..... $210 and I don't get to keep my original HD too.

You get the gist!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.