MacBook Warranty Issue?

Reaction score
Hey all, I brought a macbook (the old version of the white plastic kind) and I brought a warranty for it. However, I realize that I need a PC for school for the next few years, so I was wondering whether it would be possible to use the warranty to replace my mac with an HP notebook instead of a macbook. The idea was proposed to me by a few friends, but I don't know if it'll work or not. What do you guys think?::\

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum, title edited for clarity. Has nothing to do with Windows....

Your warranty is by Apple. Why would you think Apple will let you trade in your MacBook for a HP PC? Sell your MacBook on Craig's List or eBay and use the money to purchase the HP.

Reaction score
I wonder why u wouldn't just use your Mac for school. Almost a year ago I switched to Mac after being longtime pc and just in case I had windows installed from day one. And day one was the last time I used windows I have been able to do absolutly everything without a hitch. I'm sure u would be able to as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.