Boot camp help

Reaction score
Hey if i use a windows 7 or vista disk that came with a laptop would it work fine?

also i bought a mini dvi to vga cable or whatever the name is of the cable i'm not sure? would that work once i am using windows on my mac?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OEM branded copies of Windows will not work. You must have a full install version, boxed MS copy or OEM System Builder's copy. However, a MS upgrade version of Windows 7 will work. Do a search to learn how to install it.

OP
D
Reaction score
OEM branded copies of Windows will not work. You must have a full install version, boxed MS copy or OEM System Builder's copy. However, a MS upgrade version of Windows 7 will work. Do a search to learn how to install it.

Thank you

if i cant use my copies from previous pcs what will be the cheapest legal way to do it?

Reaction score
Buying it online from a reputable software dealer, like newegg.com. On ebay and similar sites, you are really taking your chances. The OEM system builder versions of Windows are cheaper than full retail versions, for example, although the license allows you to install it only on one machine.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.